Bob Proctor teaches how to overcome the Biggest Deterrents to Your Success! Change this one habit and watch your productivity take off like a rocket! Click here for free download:!
The first step in stopping procrastinating is to recognize that you’re doing it.
However, this isn’t always as straightforward as it sounds.
Procrastination is a habit. And the only way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit.
Here are five habits you can develop to overcome procrastination. I recommend using as many of them as possible to give yourself the best possible chance of succeeding.
1. Commit to important tasks. Focus on doing, not avoiding. Write down the tasks that you need to complete each day and specify a time for doing them. This will help you to tackle your work efficiently and become far more productive.
2. Rephrase your internal dialog. Replace the phrases “need to” and “have to” with “choose to.”
Saying the first two phrases implies that you have no choice in what you do. This can make you feel disempowered and unmotivated to take on large, important tasks.
However, saying, “I choose to,” implies that you want to do the project and it makes you feel more in control of your life.
3. Minimize distractions. Turn off your email and social media and avoid sitting anywhere near a television while you work.
4. Make it look smaller. Break a big task down into weekly and daily subtasks.
5. Focus on the long game. If you’re procrastinating because you find a task unpleasant, identify the long-term benefits of completing it. For instance, could it affect your annual performance review or your bottom line if you’re a business owner?
You might also identify the unpleasant consequences of avoiding the task. Ask yourself what will happen if you don’t complete it? How might it affect your personal, team or organizational goals? For some people, understanding the consequences of avoiding or delaying something makes the task more enjoyable.
There is no magic pill that will put an end to procrastination forever. But these tips will help you take concrete steps toward achieving more and feeling a lot better about yourself.
When you decide that you will move forward no matter what, you’re guaranteed to enjoy much more of the good things that life has to offer.
**For more visit our website: **
Subscribe for more:
Check out our most popular video series!
1. Search for Meaning Series:
2. The HIgher Side of You:
3. Value from the Vault:
Social Media & Website: